Friday, September 23, 2011

Arrived!!

14 days, 3,583 miles, min elevation -282 (Death Valley), max 12,000 (Loveland Pass), min temp 34 (Loveland Pass), max 104 (Death Valley), 9 friends visited plus 2 children, 2 dogs, 8 cats, and a horse

CA ->NV ->AZ ->UT -> CO ->NE ->IO ->MO ->IN ->IL ->KY ->TN ->VA ->NC ->SC ->GA   (all of 15 min in AZ and TN combined but I'm counting them anyway)

Whew!!  I probably could have made it a lot shorter both in time and distance but I wouldn't change an inch.  I had a great time!

Thank you to my 2001 VW Jetta for making it all possible.

Thank you Alison, Averil, Greg, Karen, Leigh, Elijah, Ginny, Shari, TK, Mary Elizabeth, and Eric for making it fun!

And many many thanks to Greg, Patty, Averil, Eric, and Jimmy for getting me through the drive with presents of music.  Let me know if you ever want me to return the favor :)

Parents house

1 comment:

  1. Here, Here! What an Epic Journey. Thanks for sharing it with us. (-bt)

    ReplyDelete