Thursday, September 22, 2011

KY->TN->VA->NC

I decided to start the day with a visit to Maker's Mark.  It was neither close nor convenient, but Prudence got us there.  The back way.  The WAAAAAY back way.  I'm talking one lane roads through farms that have probably never seen a CA license plate before.  At least that was the look I was getting from the guy on the tractor.  But she got me there.








Then she took me on the scenic route to Winston-Salem without me even asking!  It was a beautiful day.  I did get tired at one point so I decided to break my no soda no junk food rule for the trip (Twizzlers don't count, they are roadtrip food not junk food).




Made it to Winston about the same time Eric finished his evening class.  Another friend that I haven't seen in more years than I want to count.  We caught up over 5 Guys burgers and drinks at his house.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment